Koenig & Bauer Workflow Solutions Advanced Planning System
What is the Job Optimiser and why do I need it?
Job Optimiser optimises your preliminary planning in its entirety, down to the tiniest detail.
The Job Optimiser is the ideal tool for fine planning and capacity planning for your print production processes. Perfect your production planning with intelligent optimisation algorithms and cushion the effects of last-minute order and capacity changes.
Job Optimiser optimises the sequence of your production jobs to ensure perfection.
Sort your production jobs into the most efficient sequence at the press of a button – and harmonise this with delivery schedules, the substrates to be used, the number of different colours or the customer's preferred finish. By implementing a just-in-sequence strategy, you save even more makeready time and maximise the effectiveness of your print production processes.
Job Optimiser optimises your material provisioning at its core.
Thanks to the Job Optimiser, plates, paper, inks and all other consumables are supplied to your production at exactly the right moment and in the precise order required for the planned jobs. This shortens throughput times significantly and allows you to handle more jobs – all within the scope of your existing planning capacities.
Discover the new possibilities of Print 4.0 with the Job Optimiser
Why choose the Job Optimiser?
- Increased productivity and competitiveness thanks to reduced planning effort and minimised throughput times
- Minimal downtime and reduced makeready costs by means of optimisation of the sequence in which jobs are handled
- Lower storage costs due to optimised material requirements planning and on-schedule product completion
Are you interested in more details about the Job Optimiser?Key product features
- The automatic import of pre-planned production jobs from your MIS ensures fast and reliable access to all information relevant to the job, and boosts your planning efficiency
- A job list with a convenient traffic-light assistant provides an immediate overview of the current production status, alongside other key information on production readiness, such as material and tool availability, proofs, customer approval, etc.
- A quick-filter function enables the specific selection of all jobs that are ready for production and their subsequent transfer to the fine planning module with just a few clicks of the mouse
- Assignment of the available machine resources and creation of a time window for the individual production steps within a given job, taking any applicable restrictions and dependencies into account in order to ensure timely completion of the product
- Load balancing permits efficient allocation of the required production steps to suitable presses and post-press machines, providing for consistent capacity utilisation, greater efficiency and enhanced product quality
- Load balancing is performed automatically in the background and is based on intelligent control algorithms – subject to the job parameters, the level of automation on the available machines, and production capacities
- Dynamic modifications to resource planning significantly increase the flexibility of your fine planning
- Optimisation of the job sequence for each resource serves to minimise makeready times
- Sequencing of the required production steps is based on process- and machine-specific optimisation parameters, e.g. finishing requirements, coating types or machine automation features, and raises autonomous printing to a new level
- Automatic communication of the optimised job list to the LogoTronic MES software for faster processes and perfect process synchronisation
- In the event of changes to the planned jobs, reorganisation and makeready adjustments for the individual process steps are realised automatically for each respective resource
What do our customers say?Testimonials
Managing Director, Druckerei Silber Druck oHGWolfgang Silber
‘Jobs with 24-hour turnarounds are now extremely profitable – thanks to perfect production planning!’
Fields marked with a * are mandatory. You will receive an e-mail confirming your contact request after you have filled out this form.